All of our safaris are private,or group joined fully customized tours in your own vehicle/group shared Vehicle as some people like budget sharing according to what their capable of. We never combine groups of independent travelers to form larger groups.
A wildlife guide, who is also your private driver, will accompany you. If you choose a camping safari, you will also travel with a chef, who will prepare all of your delicious meals while in the bush..
Accommodation options range from private luxury lodges and tented camps to basic adventure camping. From least expensive to most expensive you can expect the following range of options: basic adventure camping in pitched tents, mid-range lodges, mid-range tented camps (permanent and mobile), high-end lodges and camps. The difference between a lodge and a tented camp is a lodge is a more traditional room with solid walls while a tented campsite consists of large, luxury tents, situated on a platform, with real beds and en-suite toilets and shower. For a detailed description of the various options.
During the planning process, we will discuss your budget and what level of luxury you desire, and make recommendations accordingly. Accommodation options range from private luxury lodges and tented camps to basic adventure camping.
On a basic, adventure camping safari, guests and staff sleep in private tents in designated campsites in or near the parks. Our staff set up the camp and prepare all meals. Facilities include shared showers, toilets, and kitchen facilities. Some campsites have hot water in the showers. There are two types of basic camping facilities: public camps with shared facilities; and private/special camps where all gear, including toilets, showers, and cooking facilities, must be hauled in by the tour operator. All camping must be in designated campsites; it is illegal to camp outside of designated areas.
We recommend getting an early start each morning in order to maximize your time on game drives and to have the opportunity to witness animals at their most active time, which is usually before the sun gets too high in the sky. Thus, we suggest an early morning breakfast, followed by a morning game drive. With a very early morning departure, breakfast boxes can be arranged also. Depending on your day’s itinerary, lunch will be either a boxed lunch eaten at a picnic site, or you might return to your lodge or camp for a hot lunch. Typically, you will spend the afternoon on a game drive, departing the park before sunset, returning to your camp or lodge for sundowners, bush tea, and a relaxing dinner. Activities such as bush walks, night game drives, hot air balloon rides, canoeing, and cultural visits will be arranged according to your itinerary. We work closely with you to arrange your day the way you want.
Whether your meals are prepared by your private chef on a basic camping safari, or by the lodge or camp chef, given advance notice we can usually accommodate any special dietary needs. Be sure to discuss these with us early in the planning stages.
1) You make an inquiry.
2) We propose one or more itineraries, offering several variations for you to review.
3) We make revisions with you until you are satisfied with your final itinerary.
4) Prior to going to contract, we perform a comprehensive check of all accommodations on the final itinerary, and request “provisional bookings” for the selected dates.
5) Upon final confirmation with the accommodations, you will receive a final contract for signing, and your deposit is due. If some accommodations are not available, we will continue to search for and confirm alternates prior to going to contract.
6) Once you sign and return your contract and we receive your deposit monies, our office submits booking vouchers, make deposits to the accommodations, and finalizes all bookings.
7) Signed and stamped booking vouchers are scanned and emailed to you as final confirmation of your bookings.
The process is conducted via email. We may be able to arrange telephone or video conference calls (Skype, Google Chat). Documents will be scanned and sent to you via email.